Saturday, November 27, 2021

Goofing off

 Semi- retired, I suppose:


~ Goofing off more, and even enjoying the change of pace.


~ Giving myself permission to say 'no' to things for whatever reason.  


~ Finding new challenges as I work from home, some are nice surprises actually, others are, well, not so much.  


~ Staying busy, just not with the things I thought I would be involved with. 


~ Growing flowers and vegetables in the back yard has me learning that I might have a bit of a green thumb after all!  It is amazing to eat a sweet potato that you grew yourself!  (Sweet potatoes are a great starting point, because they are easy to grow!)  Carrots have been a little more challenging.


~ Sleeping in is wonderful: waking up and then dozing in and out for an hour or so was something I never allowed myself to do.  (Life was just too stressful.) But early mornings are also when I am the most creative, so I try not to do it everyday.  


~ Playing with crafty art, mixed media, and knife paintings.  Too much fun.  I'm creating more gifts and being more generous too.  


~ Learning to make my own  professional looking notecards and books. It is so expensive to have them printed. Saving up for a good printer.


~ Teaching art a couple of afternoons a week: afterschool classes.  This is my heart. Nothing like helping children create something and watch them get so excited about it!


~ Not doing shows for now, not on any committees, not going to any meetings, and I'm not trying to make a bunch of money.  And I'm not worried about it either (which also amazes me!) 


~ The Good LORD takes excellent care of me!


No comments: