Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year!

Was a tough year last year for most everyone. I was not exempt. I find myself excited about a new year; a fresh start. Like most people, I have been re-evaluating what goals and plans of action I will take for a better outcome.

I am actually slowing down, enjoying things more, and finding ways to make my life less stressful. In the process I am doing things smarter, and becoming more focused.

After more than 5 years, I am no longer with DailyPainters.com, which was a very hard thing to let go of. It was no longer a priority to create a new painting 3 or 4 times a week, and the quality of my work was beginning to suffer. I am moving more toward realism again, which takes too long to finish when adding the extra details.

I am excited, however, about my new gallery site:
http://fawn-mcneill.artistwebsites.com/
I can post as much or as little as I want, and it links to my prints and greeting cards, which makes everything easier for my clients.

I am teaching more classes too, and enjoying this time with my students. Currently I am offering after school classes, adult classes, and even some private lessons. So you can see why it is harder for me to work on my own paintings in my studio.

I pray all our endeavors are blessed from above, and we have a much better year this year!

3 comments:

bj said...

I understand about slowing down and reevaluating "the artist within". You should find it liberating. And I wish only the very best for you in 2012...

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Oh, I like your website also. Looks good!

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thank you BJ, it really is liberating!
Kimberly, I like this new site more and more! I have used it for a while, just not as much. It requires better images at higher resolutions to be able to offer prints...So now I have a better camera and the prints are amazing!
Thanks!