Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer art

I had my first kids summer art class today. It has been a few years since I have had a studio to teach in. It was great. I remembered what teaching is really about, and the excitement of working with minds that want to explore new ideas! We had fun, and I felt inspired again.


After teaching at the high school I was beginning to wonder why I ever liked teaching before. It is very hard to teach art to those who don't want to be there! I had some good students too, but I spent so much time with behavior problems and grading issues. Teenagers are not the most agreeable people in the world.


Now I am letting my students choose their own projects and work at their own speed. What a wonderful way to help someone create something! Smile.


Here are some pictures of my studio. I can sit four at the table comfortably, and I have three more stations around the room.




No comments: