Tuesday, September 16, 2008

summer's end

Wow, it has been months since I posted anything here.

We went to Montana to see my family at the end of May, then had a lot of company through the entire summer, on top of teaching summer art camps for kids!

Oh, and I also took on some commission work, and sold quite a few paintings. Which was a good thing!

At the end of summer my husband got very ill (he had pneumonia). We have been at the hospital twice.

So now I am trying to catch my breath and see if I can get back to normal living, whatever that is.

I am seeing a whole new side to my husband: he does not blame God as so many would when life takes a hard turn, and he is almost looking forward to the after life. This is not something he has ever talked about, so it kind of intrigued me when he started asking questions. We are talking about such things much more now, but not in the negative way he used to give up and want to die. (I wouldn't entertain such thoughts.) Now it is more about his appreciation for life and those that care. He is finding healing in his spirit I think, and God's strength in this time of physical weakness.

As you can well imagine, I have not placed too much importance on my art work these days. It is there for me as a release from all this stress, and no longer the stress maker to get a painting done and posted every day. If I don't finish one, well, I just don't mind. Other things are more important right now.

So there is my last few months in a nut shell, and I am so thankful things are getting better around here!

No comments: